It’s one of the biggest events of your high school experience… it’s PROM!
Tis the season to go find that perfect dress with the perfect pair of shoes, to buy some new makeup and skincare products, and get a little fancier than usual.
Sometimes this can all be stressful, but with these tips, you’ll feel a little more at ease on that big day.
What you should do A FEW WEEKS BEFORE Prom
Along with deciding if you’re going to go with your friends, going with a date, with a friend from another school, buying a ticket for prom, setting up transportation (limo or not), where to eat dinner etc.
- Buy your dress
- Buy your shoes
- Buy your makeup (Unless you’re getting it done)Think about every aspect as a whole, one thing will affect another. Proper planning prevents bad things from happening!
What you should do FOR THE WEEK BEFORE Prom
SKIN CARE: Do anything you can to make your skin shine bright like a diamond
- Get a facial. You don’t want to do this a day before. You have to do some extra care afterwards to get the best results.
- If you have acne, make sure you’re using face washes that have salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide which are chemical exfoliants
- Make sure you’re putting on moisturizer day and night to keep your skin #FLAWLESS.
– night creams are strongly recommended because your face absorbs EVERYTHING at night so put all the good stuff on it before you sleep
- with that being said, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take off your makeup before you go to sleep.
- Use face masks. Different face masks do different things. For example, here are some of the Sephora brand masks:Lingzhi Mask: Creates the appearance of smoother, plumper, and younger-looking skin.
Lotus Mask: Refreshes tired skin and reduces signs of strain and fatigue.
Honey Mask: Nourishes and balances to soothe and refresh dry or sensitive skin.
Pearl Mask: Perfects and brightens with natural-origin pearl to create high luminosity.
Ginseng Mask: Tones and energizes while providing a tightening effect for a plumped and supple complexion.
Green Tea Mask: Mattifies and purifies to soothe skin, absorb sebum, and reduce the appearance of outbreaks.
Rose Mask: Provides deep moisture and brightening properties through natural rose extract.
Pomegranate Mask: Awakens, energizes, and protects the skin with antioxidant-rich natural pomegranate extract.I personally like collagen masks or anything that has to do with brightening. But another good tip if you have oily skin is to use a peel off mask to that it gets all the extra sebum and other impurities out of your face.
- Along with your face, you should also be mousturizing your whole body. So pick your favorite lotion and slather that on!TANNING
- I personally don’t do this because I like staying my lightest skin tone possible, but I know a lot of girls who like the extra glow. If you are going to a tanning salon for a spray tan, go 1-2 days before the occasion. The color needs time to develop. If you are doing this yourself at home, be careful and do a practice run wayyyy before hand in case something goes wrong.
Here are some links to help you out with tanning.
Marie Claire Fake Tan Tips | Styling You 15 Fake Tan Tips |HAIR
- GET YOUR HAIR CUTS AND DYE YOUR HAIR A WEEK OR MORE BEFORE. Don’t you ever get this done the day of. If you dye your hair the day of, you’re going to get some of the color on that expensive dress, you might not like how it looks, the hair cut probably hasn’t settled and you still have to get used to it and tweak it. Simply, just don’t make any drastic changes right before a big day.
Also, if you picked your dress, find hair styles that go with the dress so when the hair stylist asks what you want, you’ll know what to say.
- GET HAIR TRIALS. – many hair stylists will have an option for you to try out the hair style before the day of. Some may cost money, but it’s a good option for you to see what that person can actually do. If you’re doing your hair yourself, you might want to practice a few times.SHOES
- BREAK IN YOUR SHOES
- I MEAN ANY KIND OF SHOES.
Doesn’t matter if you’re wearing heels or flats. You need to break em in. I’ve had flats that were KILLING my feet. You’re going to be dancing the night away and mostly standing and conversing with your friends. You need to remember that when you’re selecting that perfect pair of shoes. Wear the shoes around the house, take a walk with them on in your yard, just wear them when you’re sitting and doing nothing, just BREAK THEM IN.
- If you can’t walk in heels and want to wear them – PRACTICE- you don’t want to look like a baby giraffe using it’s legs for the first time. If you can’t master it, get a lower heel or wear flats.What to do the DAY BEFORE PROM
- Get your nails done
- Wax/shave/bleach unwanted hair
- Check if everything is all set: like your limo ride, your dinner reservations, etc.
- Use a body scrub and face scrub.
- Scrub and exfoliate your lips and use a serum
- Get your last face mask in right before you sleep
- LOCATE everything. Like your school id, id, prom ticket, picture package slip, your dress, jewelry, shoes, makeup, purse you’re taking etc. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE THE PLACE IS.
- Do your nightly skincare routine and get a GOOD LONG NIGHT of sleep (:WHAT TO DO THE DAY OF PROM!!! 😀 😀 😀
- Wake up
- IF YOU SEE PIMPLES DO NOT POP THEM. they will swell and they will not look good during the night
- take a shower
- get your hair done
- THEN get your makeup done
- make sure you have everything before you leave school id, id, prom ticket, picture package slip, permission slips, directions to the venue, money for dinner, money for parking (if needed), makeup for touch ups, ESPECIALLY YOUR EYELASH GLUE &LIPSTICK, tampons/pads (if it’s that time of the month), a wrap/coat/shawl if you get cold… but I mean, it gets hot in prom so you can leave it in the car, FULLY CHARGED phone/ camera
- you can bring more stuff, but i think those are the most important
LEAVE FOR PROM AND ENJOY !!! 😀 <3
If you have any questions leave a comment and I’ll answer.
I wasn’t too in depth with all of these things but I’ll be glad to clarify.
Hope you reach all your #beautygoals. & thanks for keeping #thebeautygrind in mind :D.